The blog is set up so that the most recent post is shown first. If you want to catch up on what's been happening, start at the bottom and scroll up. You can also click "older posts" at the bottom of the page or use the blog archive on the left side of this homepage. If you want to know what time it is in the Ukraine, click on the link to the left that says "Clock and weather".

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Getting our tickets


I spent my whole day thinking about the upcoming trip...I can't believe that we will be in the Ukraine in less than three weeks. I was keeping myself under control until I went to bed just before eleven. For some reason, I felt a small wave of anxiety and began thinking about the trip. I decided the best way to address this was to get out of bed and book out tickets.

When I went to bed at about 12:30 am I felt much better. It is amazing what 90 minutes on the internet and telephone can do to calm a person. I decided that I needed to speak to someone from the airline by telephone. While I have been in the habit of booking tickets online, I felt this trip was too important to do without direct person-to-person contact.

We are leaving on Friday, December 8th from Winnipeg, flying through Munich and then on to Kiev. We will be travelling Air Canada and Lufthansa there and back.

No comments: