The blog is set up so that the most recent post is shown first. If you want to catch up on what's been happening, start at the bottom and scroll up. You can also click "older posts" at the bottom of the page or use the blog archive on the left side of this homepage. If you want to know what time it is in the Ukraine, click on the link to the left that says "Clock and weather".

Friday, December 1, 2006

Friday thoughts...

Well...its Friday which means one week from today and we're off. After work, one of Candace's coworkers had a get-together for her staff to celebrate our good news. It was pretty neat...she had a poster up on the wall with our names on it in Ukrainian. Thanks to Sandy M. for her thoughtfulness. Everyone has been so supportive...it makes you realize how fortunate we are to live where we do and have the friends that we have.

It is hard to believe that we just found out that we would be making this trip a little over three weeks ago. Everyone keeps asking if I am getting excited about the trip. Interestingly enough, I have been doing a good job containing my excitement. What actually has the biggest impact on my excitability level is people repeatedly asking me how I am feeling about the trip. I sort of get focused on something that I am doing and someone drops by, calls or emails for something else and then ask me about what is happening. Don't get me wrong...I really appreciate the interest. It is just that it is making me more and more anxious. My biggest hope is that I can sleep a bit in the nights leading up to our departure.

No comments: