The blog is set up so that the most recent post is shown first. If you want to catch up on what's been happening, start at the bottom and scroll up. You can also click "older posts" at the bottom of the page or use the blog archive on the left side of this homepage. If you want to know what time it is in the Ukraine, click on the link to the left that says "Clock and weather".

Saturday, December 2, 2006

Setting up her room

Today Candace and I headed to Brandon to do some shopping. We spent some time trying to decide what kind of bed to purchase. We already have a crib...but we need to get a bed because the little one might be anywhere from 14 months to 3 years old. We hit pretty well every store in town that carried bedroom furniture. We were tempted to buy something larger but we ended up getting a little toddler bed. We also picked up some other things for the room, for the little one, and for the trip.

When we returned home, I spent some time putting together the bed and a little rocking chair. Then we set up the room with all of the other stuff. When we were done I sat on a rocking chair in the corner and just looked around in awe. It wasn’t so much what we put into the room that struck me as much as what I imagined would soon be in the room. I could see a little girl playing with the toys, rocking in her chair, and then sitting at her table having tea before falling asleep in her bed. I sure hope she likes Winnie the Pooh…because we have a definite theme going on.

I thought I would then do a couple of other things so I started opening some further items. After realizing that the gate for the stairs requires mounting, I changed my mind and decided that it would be a good time to wrap it up for the evening. The car seat can sit in its unopened box until I get some time tomorrow. Once I finish writing this, I think I will go back in sit in that rocking chair for a while.

No comments: